Our Massachusetts economy depends on our ability to develop talent capable of innovating in a digital world. The high tech industry and every other sector in our information-based economy has a growing need for computer science expertise, more so than any other STEM field of study by a large margin.
Our students will live in a world where computing will transform their lives. We want all students to expand the way they think, enabling them to use computational thinking to solve problems. This will prepare them to not just use technology, but to develop it.
It all starts with inspiring students, engaging them early, teaching them based on standards, and offering them opportunities to study more deeply if they're interested.
MassCAN is dedicated to making that possible in Massachusetts by building a partnership of educators, industry professionals, and nonprofits to mobilize our resources to create new educational opportunities accessible to all students in Massachusetts.
MassCAN Advisory Board: Notice of Meeting and Agenda
The Advisory Board of the Massachusetts Computing Attainment Network will hold a meeting as follows:
Time: 3:30-5:30 p.m.
Date: March 22, 2017
Location: MITRE Corporation*, MITRE Center (C Building), Room 1C103, 202 Burlington Road (Route 62), Bedford, MA 01730
List of Topics Expected to Be Discussed at Meeting:
- Review and approve October 2016 and January 2017 meeting minutes
- Update on discussions with Secretary of Education, Jim Peyser
- Update on 4 priority areas: district engagement, policy, coalition and national leadership
- Update on MassCAN Finances
- Discussion for moving forward
* As MITRE is a federal research facility, the name of each U.S. citizen wishing to attend the meeting will be provided in advance of the meeting to the MITRE Corporation to facilitate entry to the facility. Please bring a photo ID. Non-Advisory Board members wishing to attend the meeting should contact Candace Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday March 21 by 9:00 a.m.
View the MassCan Briefing Book and Strategic Plan
• February 2016
MassCAN Briefing Book
• September 2015
MassCAN 2015-2018 Strategic Plan
Implementing Computer Science Education in Massachusetts
• October 2013
MassCAN 2013 Action Plan
Minutes of the 2015-2016 MassCAN Advisory Board Minutes: