- All Massachusetts students should have a foundation in computing, not just computer literacy.
- Massachusetts should be a national leader in computing education.
- Computing education needs to be offered at the key middle school level to ensure female and underrepresented minority students are engaged at an early age.
- All computing education must be standards-based.Students should get math or science HS graduation credit for computing courses.
- A continuum of pathways should be available to students from middle school through high school to provide deep educational opportunities for computing.
- A balance of vocational and college-prep course offerings should be available.
- Infusing computing into math, science and other areas is important but is a long term process that does not have the impact we want; it is not the solution.